Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Oh poop

For a while now, my daughter has gotten in to the habit of pooping in the bath tub. My response to this was to tell her 'no poopoo in the tub'. Well.... My daughter has caught on to the "no poopoo" part, because not only will she not poop in the tub, she won't poop at all.

At first, I'd watch her thinking maybe she was constipated, as she'd stiffen up her body whenever she needed to poop... but after a while of analyzing her posture, then watching her do it in the tub I realized, SHE'S HOLDING IT IN!!!

She's not constipated, she's not backed up... she's just misinterpreted no poopoo in the tub as, no poopoo EVER.

SHIT. (No pun intended).

The next day at daycare, my DC provider told me that A. was holding herself all day, to the point where she was screaming because of it. Her solution? Put my 15 month old daughter on the potty... And guess what? She went.

I'm not sure how I feel about putting a kid this young on the potty, so throughout the weekend we tried to see if she would just forget about the no pooping thing and stop holding herself, but nope... she was insistent on holding it in unless I put her on the potty, then she would go.

I figure pooping on the potty no matter the age is better than not pooping at all, so I'm just going to go with it, and hope that this doesn't screw anything up in the long run.




No comments:

Post a Comment