Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Last post, I had written about my daughter's new habit of holding in poop. Just what you wanted to read about right? Ha! Well, I've been dealing with poop for a couple of weeks, so why not share with the rest of the world?

Anyway, it seems like maybe this phase is coming to an end. She's been holding herself constantly for two weeks to the point where she gets upset when she can't hold it in. I've been taking advantage of bath time since it's the only time she actually will go, and putting her on the potty when I can see her trying to hold it. That has been successful. I'm not trying to potty train my 16 month old, but it was the only place/time she was going.

I decided to try bribery to get things back on course. You poop anywhere (hopefully in your diaper), and you get a Smartie. Since I've started that, she seems to be going again, so I'm rolling with it.

Hopefully this doesn't screw things up too bad when we get to real potty training when she's two. If we're lucky, she won't remember any of this by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment