Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

R.I.P. 40D

For 7 years, I have had an awesome Canon 40D professional SLR camera. It's been a good run, but my camera has fallen victim to error 99. Error 99 can mean anything from something as simple as just cleaning contacts to something less simple and costly. Either way, Canon charges $100/hr, and it's pretty much guaranteed that I'm not getting the body fixed for under $500. I can't really justify spending that much to fix a 7 year old camera out of warranty camera when I could get a new one for $1000.

That being said, I'm not getting a new SLR. I've found that in recent years I haven't been using it, and I don't like travelling or going anywhere with it for the fact that it weighs a ton, and is just really not meant to be that kind of camera.

I decided to buy a point and shoot. I'd been taking pics with my cell phone camera, and the photos are terrible. I'm huge on taking pictures, especially of my daughter, and don't want to miss any moments with bad quality cell phone pictures. I opted for the Canon (yes, Canon again, I didn't learn my lesson, but I think they're photo quality is fantastic) ELPH 520 HS that was on sale for half price at Henry's. It has a decent amount of zoom for a point and shoot, and it's nice and small. Perfect for shoving in a purse!

Can't wait to start capturing more moments, and sharing them here of course! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment