Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Bittersweet First

Anyone who has ever had to put a child in daycare for the first time will find out quickly that at first it really really sucks. DD has been at her new daycare for almost a month now, and this week is probably the first week that she's really settled in. She doesn't cry when I leave her there anymore, in fact, she even runs right down the hall to go to where the other children are.

I say it's bitter sweet because as much as you don't want your baby crying and clinging to you while you pry her hands off to hand her over to your caregiver, a small part of you tells you that she's growing up so fast!!

When I dropped her off today she had lots of hugs for S (our home daycare provider), and none for me (wahhhhhhhhhhhh), BUT she did blow me a few kisses before she put her shoes and hat away and ran downstairs.

I'm really glad that this daycare is working out because it is super convenient for Tim and I. It's right across the street. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment