Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A heavy heart this morning

I just learned of the death of a friend's husband last night. We haven't talked in several years, but she was my best friend's roommate when we were in our mid-twenties. She's been on my Facebook, and yesterday someone posted the viewing/funeral arrangements on her wall on her behalf, which is how I found out.

I knew both her and her husband. I don't know the details of what happened, just that it was sudden. He passed on June 1st.

I feel so saddened by this news. I can't imagine what this poor girl is going through. They were married just two years ago, had a new house that they had moved in to recently... they were just starting their lives together (even though they had been together for a long time before their marriage). He was younger than me, he couldn't have been more than thirty years old.

I wish that I was closer to her so that I could offer some kind of support, but having not been in touch with her for a really long time, all I feel I can really do is send my condolences, positive thoughts her way and pray for her to pull through this loss.

Situations like these really bring in to perspective what people take for granted every day. I know in my own life I get tangled in petty small stuff sometimes and it's hard to see the bigger picture. Hug your loved ones and let them know how much you love them, because we are all on borrowed time. While we all try not to think about the bad things that could happen tomorrow, it's important to let your loved ones know how you feel every day.

I'm so sorry for your loss J. I'm thinking of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment